Thursday, January 8, 2009

Great Book

I just finished reading 'The Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch. Thank you Melissa for recommending it to me, it is a fabulous book.

It's written by a brilliant professor who is dying of pancreatic cancer. He is a great example of optimism and strength even when he is given only 3 to 6 months to live. He is so positive about what is left of his future and the future of his family. I recommend it to anyone who might like a little uplifting in their lives. He is such a good example of someone who is thankful for what he has and is making his life the best that it can be. It's funny, too, because he didn't live his life this way only after he found out he was dying, he has always lived his life to fullest and has done the most he can to fulfill every dream he has ever had.

It's a good reminder to me that we never know when we are going to go. We should live our lives as if tomorrow could be the last day. Live life to the fullest and make the most of it. Even if I know I am going to make it to 99 years old (which I do, ha,ha) I need to be the best person I can be every day. Easier said than done sometimes (believe me I know) but, still. That will be my goal.

So, my point is, this book is great and if anyone is looking for a good short-read I highly suggest you check it out.