Monday, November 9, 2009

The Ladybug

One day last week, Adelaide told me that she found a ladybug. It was sitting in the lid of a shoebox, just sitting there on the coffee table. I thought it was dead because it hadn't moved a bit and she was kind of squishing it. It was time for her nap and she really, really wanted to snuggle it. So I, figuring it was dead, said ok.

She took it with her and set the shoebox lid on the pillow next to her. A few hours later I went in to see if she was awake. She was, but I couldn't find where the lid or the ladybug had gone to. I finally found the lid wrapped up in her blanket, but no ladybug. So I helped her out of bed and sure enough, there was the ladybug. But it wasn't dead, it was crawling all over the sheets where she had been laying.

I'm glad the ladybug wasn't dead, so was she.