Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Possibilities

I'm really excited. I've been looking for a long time for a grad school that offers a masters degree in dance therapy and I finally found one that I love.

There have been a couple of issues in going to grad school:

-There is not one school in Utah that offers the program I want.

-I am not single and can't justify picking my family up and moving so I can go to school when I might not even use it immediately after graduation.

-Money, money, money. (Although, I'm not really going to let this one bother me. It would only be like 70 grand... pocket change)

There is a school in New York called the Pratt Institute. They offer an MS in Dance Therapy in a Spring/Summer intensive. You spend one week in the spring and 4 weeks in the summer for two years in New York and New Hampshire. The rest of the two years is spent in an internship wherever you may live. Then Hooray! I graduate a licensed DTR (Dance Therapist, registered).

Then... of course my dreams will go according to plan. I seek out residential treatment centers who may want to integrate dance therapy into their program, one will love the idea, and BAM! I get to have a career doing something that I love and believe in.

I can taste it now....sweet.