Thursday, February 3, 2011

Procrastination

I am procrastinating.  I have a paper to write tonight and I just can't focus.  I don't know how many more psychological theories I can store in my brain.  Most of them are strange because they are ideas from over one hundred years ago.  However, they are quite valid because old theories must be used to create new theories, and though some aspects may be silly, the remaining aspects hold true.

Anyway...

I can't stop thinking about the music of Ryan Bingham and The Dead Horses.  I just started listening to his stuff and I love it.  He was on Jay Leno last night and I was immediately looking for more of where that came from.

Oh yes... I've also been listening to Caleb Slade quite a bit.  He is the brother of Isaac Slade (frontman of The Fray).  He is fantastic and highly recommended from this corner.  His music is super-chill, full of piano, just like I like it.  Lovin' it, lovin' it. 

And then... my kids made me so happy tonight.  Every night I read Adelaide a story and sing her two songs before going to bed.  I used to put Reggie in bed before this little ritual but I have since decided that he needs to be a part of it.  He sits on her bed and plays with her purple wolf (Torcha) while I read her a story, and then he sits on my lap and claws at my earrings and hair while I sing her songs.  This never goes as smoothly as it sounds.  Those two kids absolutely adore each other.  I can't get through a story or a song without Adelaide making him laugh hysterically.  He gets so excited he can hardly stand it and this just encourages her even more to keep it going.  I think my favorite thing about having two kids is seeing how they interact with each other.  It's amazing how so much love can be formed in 9 short months between two little people. They make me smile and bring me so much joy it's not even funny.  Not even a little bit.