Sunday, November 9, 2014

Out with the Old

I have to let some things go. I have held on to some ideals and people for so long, I can actually feel the grip on the inner workings of my brain.

Some things are easy for me to just let roll off my shoulders, actually, most things do. I don't hold grudges, I don't hate or get angry with next to anyone. But there are a few things, just a few that I am realizing have set up permanent residence.

I've read article after article and story after story on how we need to let go and how all of these experiences have helped us become who we are. I believe it whole-heartedly and I thought I had done a pretty good job in that department, but I am finding that that is not the case.

I want great, wonderful things and I am working toward it. I realize though, that if I am to continue to move on and progress to my own personal greatness that I need to live this life for me! No one else! Everything will work out as it should, everyone will be fine, everyone will find their own way and I cannot let others decisions affect my own. I am shutting it down and I am refusing to follow, wait or hope for change. It is what it is and I will pull myself up by the bootstraps and march on!

To everyone and everything I have allowed to hold me back... adios, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!