Tuesday, December 9, 2008

An Interesting Appointment

I went to the doctor yesterday to follow-up on things from my D & C two weeks ago. I have to say that I actually left feeling a little relief. I was anticipating leaving the office in frustration of where to go from here, why, what now, how come, I assumed all of those questions would be left unanswered.

But no, it wasn't good news, but it was news. I was so happy to just have an answer. It made me sure that it was a good thing that this miscarriage happened. Not that that's what I wanted, but under the circumstances it was for the best.

I was informed that it was a partial molar pregnancy. For more information on what it is, click here. It's a lot to explain so you can read it if you're interested.

My doctor didn't think that it was a possibility because it didn't show up on the ultrasound. But because it was only partial, it kind of explains why we didn't see it.

Now I get the privilege of undergoing weekly blood tests until my hormone levels are zero, then monthly blood tests for about three months or so to make sure they stay zero. That means they can be pretty sure there is no tissue growing back.

I was shocked to find out this was the case. I had read about these before but of course, why would it happen to me? And..... it did.

So now, knowing this was the cause I feel some relief. Relief that there was a cause and that it wasn't just more 'bad luck'. We do have more of a chance of this happening in the future, but now my doctors are on full alert and I will have to be monitored closely next time around.

There is a reason for everything, there truly is. Now I just need to continue taking good care of myself and in six months hopefully everything will be in the clear and I can move on for heaven sake!