Thursday, June 25, 2009

What???


There has been one too many deaths this week. First Ed McMahon, then our bunny Bruce, then Farrah Fawcett, now Michael Jackson.

I didn't get choked up over Ed, though I'm sure he led a wonderful life. Bruce broke my heart, he passed away yesterday and we're not quite sure why. He was only six months old. We all knew it was coming with Farrah's aggressive cancer, though it always seems like a surprise.

But Michael Jackson? It seems so surreal to me. I like to think that the feelings I have over his passing are how people felt after Elvis died. Yes, in most recent years he has acted like a nut-ball and there had to be something koo-koo going on in his head...BUT, he was one of the most talented people EVER in my lifetime. Some may not agree with me but he has written some of the greatest songs (Thriller, Billie Jean) and is one of the best dancers IN THE WORLD.
There are few who can move like Michael.

One of my earliest memories is dancing my little heart out in our living room while watching his videos on MTV. I do know every move to Billie Jean and almost every move to Thriller. I would try to mimic him for hours at a time.

It's an end of an era for four memorable people/animals in my life. Michael, your artistic influence will be forever felt. Bruce, we will miss your fluffy, adorable bunny butt. Ed and Farrah, rest in peace.

God bless their families and loved ones.