Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lovin' It














I am absolutely loving my bike this year. I've never really been a bike rider in my life until the last couple of years. We've gone on a good, long ride at least twice a week so far this summer and I love it! It's nice to remember that there are other options for transportation besides a car.

One of my favorite gifts for my birthday was my comfy bike shorts, a new kooshy seat (had to get a new one because the bike accident wrecked my old one), and a rack with baskets so I can ride to the store. The baskets even fold in so when I'm not using them they don't stick out. It only takes about 20 minutes for me to ride to Macey's on the Provo River Trail. It's awesome when I only need a few things. I love not feeling like I have to drive. I hate driving, I hate buying gas, and I love that I can save the environment from a little bit of exhaust while getting a bit of exercise at the same time.

I don't really see anything bad about it at all, really.

I'm already looking for excuses to escape our upcoming winter to head south so I don't have to miss too much riding this winter.

Here's to the invention of the bicycle, here's to a healthy body that can ride a bicycle, here's to getting outside, soaking in some sun, getting some exercise, and loving every minute of it.