Wednesday, August 19, 2009

25's


Just recently, I wrote about my new-found love of bike riding. I now have a new-found love for riding to the store. As most in the area know, Wednesday is produce day at Buy Low Market. I wish I could afford the ever-so-good-for-you organic fruits and veggies these days, but have you seen how expensive organic produce is? I just can't do it, I wish I could, but I can't.

So, in rolls Buy Low with their most outrageously cheap (and decent) produce to draw a crowd as big as Christmas Eve at Walmart. I went at lunch time once and vowed to never go at that time again, it was insanity. Today I decided to hit it early. I hopped on my bike at 9 and arrived only 25 minutes later. That's only ten minutes longer than it takes to drive. I must also declare my love for the Provo River Trail. It cuts across so many busy streets and stoplights that it turns out to be a pretty quick trip.

I was only in the store 25 minutes. I stuck to my list, got all the peaches, spinach, blueberries, juice, milk, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, and avocados a girl could desire.

$11.

That's all it was for all of that lovely, delicious, producey goodness.

I was so happy on the way home (once again, only 25 minutes). Exercise, fresh air, sunshine, cheap transportation, and only $11 in groceries.

That totally rocks.