Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Driving

This is my interpretation of traffic during rush hour in Utah (click to enlarge). It's absolutely ridiculous. Driving home from Ogden yesterday made me want to rip my hair out. I apologize if you were on the road with me around 5:20 pm in American Fork. You may have heard me screaming through my car windows. Why is it that when there's an accident people have to slow down to 25 mph and look? Don't they realize that's creating another road hazard?

And then, when you have passed the construction zone, everyone else in every lane continues to putt-putt at 55-60 mph instead of speeding back up. They especially like to drive like I've illustrated above, perfectly spaced so you don't have a chance to pass, all going the same speed. It's like everyone is completely oblivious to the cars/speed limit around them. It absolutely amazes me. I'd rather drive in California rush hour traffic. At least everyone flows together and moves over when you're trying to pass.

Oh, and don't forget people cutting you off when you're in the carpool lane because they cross the double lines to pass people in the fast lane when they aren't even carpooling, then cross the lines again to get back in the fast lane. Oooh, I could go on and on. But I won't, I'm done, I've vented.

I feel much better now.