Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11-2001


Do you remember what you were doing on that day? I remember it so vividly it's like it was yesterday.

I was living at my grandparents house in North Ogden, attending school at Weber State. I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed. I always watched the news when I got ready in the morning. I was running late for school so I didn't really pay attention to what was on the tv. But then I heard something that sounded like panic, so I decided to sit and see what was going on. Just as I sat down on the bed, I saw the second plane crash into the tower. It was the the most awful/perfect timing ever. I couldn't believe what was happening before my eyes.

I ran into my grandparents room to tell them to turn on the tv. We sat in absolute astonishment for a few minutes without knowing quite what to say. Then I had to go to school.

When I arrived at each and every class that day, my teachers either canceled class so we could mourn in private, or we held a discussion on what and why we thought it happened.

I remember crying for those people, crying for their loved ones, and crying for America. I didn't know anyone that was involved but I sure felt like I did. I was amazed that I had witnessed such an insane tragedy. That's all I remember thinking, "this is completely insane."

To this day I don't understand it, I don't think I ever will. I just pray that those families have found peace and forgiveness in their hearts. It is certainly a tragedy that will live in my heart forever. God bless us all.