Monday, September 7, 2009

Her Love for 'Hees'


She still loves horses so much. She was able to ride one on Tuesday (thanks Eric and Jackie). She is in pure heaven when she's around them. What am I going to do when she gets older and wants one of her own? I hope she's ok with riding someone else's horse every once in a while. It's so much fun to see her get excited over something she loves.

Kids have such a wonderful way of seeing the world through their own reality. It's a really great reality. They have a dream and there's no limit to them being able to achieve it. They still believe that anything can happen and they can become anyone they want to be. I've learned that parents "squash" the joy in their children sometimes. I realize there are moments when I do it too. Why do I do it? No reason really.

Why can't they play in the mud? Why can't they color on their arms? Why can't they eat a huge doughnut with sprinkles every morning for breakfast? Why can't they be kids?
I'm trying to relax and let her be. If she gets dirty, who cares? If she wants to wear her shabby princess dress to the store, why not? If she doesn't want me to do her hair, it's ok.

Innocence gets lost as you get older. I'm going to try and let her hang on to hers as long as possible. Let her be who she wants to be. Let her live all of her dreams and hopefully she can continue to keep them in view as she gets older. I hope she wants to wear her shabby princess dress to the store when she's 30. I hope she loves it and doesn't care what anyone else is thinking. I hope she gets her pink horse with a blue saddle. There has to be one out there somewhere, right? I want her to know that there isn't anything she can't do.

She can be anything she wants to be.