Monday, October 25, 2010

Just Fine

I know I have some people worried by my last post, but don't worry, I'm just fine. Great actually. Life is crazy and it has brought me all kinds of twists and turns, but amazing things can come from adversity. Remember back in the day when I went to therapy? Well I'm going again and it has resolved a lot of issues for me. It's crazy how many things can effect us in adulthood that we created in childhood. I now know where my perfectionism, running away, holding others at arms length, controlling and abandonment issues come from. Isn't that great:) The tricky part is figuring out how to live a happy life regardless of these issues. But it's working and I am figuring out new things every day.

It's hard, though. I feel like I am rewinding myself fifteen years and starting over. This probably would have been much easier to figure out when I was single and childless. Having a family certainly makes things more complicated, but hopefully all will be well in the end. I know it will be. Did I put patience on that list of issues? It should be on there because it is something I am learning very well at this point in time. I can't fix everything today even though I demand it.

In the meantime I get to analyze every move and thought I make and break it down into teeny, tiny pieces. It's kind of fun, I feel like I'm finally getting to know myself. I think I kind of like me.