Monday, June 6, 2011

A Long and Winding Road


I have a fascination with paths, trails, roads, or anything that seems to wind itself between beautiful things. I love to go hiking and I think it's because of a few reasons, but one is that I love to see what the path looks like that is taking me to my destination. We hiked to the hotpots up Diamond Fork Canyon yesterday and it was beautiful. The sky was a gorgeous blue, the leaves and weeds were brilliantly green, the trail was rocky, and the river was deep and swift. It smelled like sulfur, but even that couldn't detract from the beauty around it. 

I can't help but compare it to life (as many have done before me). As you hike along, you are excited to see what is around the next bend, but at the same time cautious because you have no way of knowing what might be there when you arrive. However, you keep going because you want something so badly and you deal with whatever comes your way. You may trip on some rocks that slow you down or lead you down the wrong path; you just take a drink of water and pick up your feet.

I took some pictures (granted I am no photographer) and some turned out lovely. But a camera can in no way capture the scene as I perceived it standing on the path. 









"The long and winding road that leads to your door
Will never disappear,
I've seen that road before it always leads me here,
Leads me to your door."
- Paul McCartney