Thursday, June 23, 2011

Project (finished)

It's done, it's finally done. And... I love it.

It only took two and a half months; not too bad.
I'm in love with the color, especially against the yellow walls.
I especially love it because I worked on it and made it my own.
I love the knobs from Hobby Lobby and the baskets from World Market.
I love that all of our DVD's and 360 games fit in the side cabinets.

Speaking of color, have you noticed that Utah is lacking a lot of it? I like checking out new subdivisions that are being built whenever I'm out and about and it seems like every new house around here is brown. Why do people want their houses to blend in with the dirt and the mountains? What happened to the cute red, blue, or yellow houses? Or even white houses with bright colored shutters and doors? My great grandparents lived in a pink house when I was growing up and I have fond memories of it to this day. I feel like everything is getting boring, cookie cutter, the same.

I discovered that for me, color is essential and it makes me happy. A lot of my home decor is brown and I am in the process of changing it over (slowly but surely). I want to walk into a room and have it fill me up with brightness and happiness when I turn on the lights; brown hasn't done that for me. I'm starting with this TV stand; it's small but it already brightens my day when I walk in the room.

How cute are these houses?
It would be so refreshing to see more of this around here; no brown in sight:)