Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Sweetest Boy


I love this boy. 

We decided to go for a walk this morning to see the horse up the street. Her name is Ranchetta but we like to call her lettuce. Lettuce has been locked up in her barn for the last few weeks and all we get is to see her peek out from the window. Since we couldn't hang out and feed her, we decided to go for a longer walk. We walked up the street holding hands, looking at houses, collected rocks, and talked about the leaves on the trees. On the way back I looked down and told him I loved him, he said he loved me, too. 

I've been trying to be very patient lately, about life. I usually want things to change and I want them to change right now, but I am trying to be happy where I am and I am trying to listen to where my heart tells me to go. Today I looked down at my boy and felt nothing but pure joy and love. I am so happy with the fact that I want nothing but to be with and love my children. On our way back Reggie asked me to hold him. I picked him up and he hugged me and he continued to hug me the almost 4 blocks back to our place. He didn't say a word the entire walk back, he just held me with his tiny little arms and laid his head on my shoulder. I whispered to him and cried... I am so blessed, I am so thankful to have them in my life. They will lead me to where I need to go, I know they will.