Monday, October 15, 2012

The Sweetest Girl


I love this picture of Addie, it fits her to a T. She is my free little spirit and loves the beach and Disneyland as much or more than I do. She turned 7 on Saturday, which I am having a tough time believing. It seems like it was just yesterday I was sleeping on the couch when I got up at 4 a.m. to use the bathroom and my water broke. Now she is my big first-grader and is the smartest little thing.

She is the most caring, loving big sister ever. She loves to snuggle while watching movies and is currently obsessed with polar bears. She loves school (except having to wake up at 7 to get ready) and has had a crush on a boy named Bricky for more than a year. She loves to have movie nights with popcorn and never complains about doing homework. We play dress up, turn the music up (which consists of Single Ladies by Beyonce and She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy by Kenny Chesney on repeat) and have dance parties in the living room. Her favorite food would probably have to be eggs and she still loves Oreos.

We had a party at the park tonight and it was really fun. She was looking forward to it all day and I'm pretty sure she had a great time:) Many months ago she requested a mermaid cake. I asked her a few weeks ago to make sure that is what she still wanted and she informed me that she decided she wanted a polar bear/mermaid cake. Oh goodness, this is what I came up with...

She loved it.
(Can you see the polar bears on the ice on the ocean with the sea life below?)

I love you so much! You are my sweetheart and I am so thankful to have you in my life! I look forward to seeing your beautiful face and you make me happier than you can even imagine!