Friday, December 27, 2013

Treading Water

  

I found this on Pinterest today. It says the exact words that I have been feeling lately.
I'm very much in my own head and most of my life has been controlled by my brain, 
my logic and all of the things I think I "know." 
Ever since I got divorced I have been trying to follow my heart and what I feel.
It's been nice giving my brain a rest but I am starting to realize that I have 
gone from one extreme to another. I keep trying to "feel" every decision and choice I should make, hoping it will lead me in the right direction.
What I am starting to realize is that there needs to be a middle ground. If I don't take action how am I ever supposed to feel differently than I do right now? I'm in the same spot, doing the same things, feeling the same unsettled feelings. How are my feelings going to change if I never change my circumstances? I have been treading water just waiting for some new feeling about what I should or shouldn't do.
It's not working. I'm one of the most goal oriented,
go getters I know and I am currently without a goal and I have been for quite a while.
There are some things that are important to me and I need to find a way to make them happen instead of waiting for them to happen to me. I know better than that. 

I've always said that I don't make resolutions but I'm going to make one for the new year. I am going to make a goal to start taking action in my life...
create the life I want and deserve! 
No more waiting for it to happen to me, I will make it happen for me.