Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Vacation


I am in need of someplace warm and beachy. I am about ready to snap from all of the snow and cold we have been receiving.
Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the abundance of water that has buried us lately. I know we need it, but even then I gave the weatherman a condition; no mention of the D-word this summer. The D-word is drought. I better not here it one time, or else...........

As I sit here, I look out my sliding glass door and picture everything opposite of what is reality.
I am sitting on the beach in southern California, the smell of salt in the air, stupid Seagulls flying all around, the warm sun shining on my bathing suited body, the sound of waves crashing on the shore, the feel of sand stuck to the bottom of my feet, peace and pure heaven.

Calgon take me away!

P.S. If anyone would like to offer me a job down there, I would be happy to oblige. Don't hesitate to ask. We could be down there lickity-split!