Thursday, February 28, 2008

Addie Did It!



My cute girl is growing up so fast. It makes me sad that her teeny tiny days are behind us (even though she is still a little thing). My favorite thing to hear every day now is when she says, "Addie did it!" She says that every time she gets excited about something she did. Right now it's because she is becoming a master at the potty. Every time she goes successfully (which is every time since Monday), she yells, "Addie did it!" I love to see how excited she gets over her little triumphs, well, I guess learning to release everything into the potty is quite big actually. I was scared to death if I remember correctly. She jumps up and down and asks for a blue, red, or pink 'pop', which is a popsicle to you and I. That is her potty treat. It makes me laugh how she only says the first half of every word. I especially love that she still calls me May because she refuses to say mom.

I'm sad because she will soon be moving to a bed instead of her crib. She is so much more like a little girl now, not so much a baby. It's exciting to see her reach all of these new milestones and learn new things. If only she would slow it down a little bit...................

I love this picture of her because that little horse she is riding was mine when I was little. When I look at her, I see me. It seems like I was just that big myself. It reminds me that time goes by quickly and soon I'll be looking at a picture of her wearing some rubbish I wore in high school (heaven forbid).

To my little love and all the joy you bring to me.