Monday, April 14, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen News

As of today, I am finally boycotting the news. I did this once before and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I started watching it again because I have an addiction to the weather. I love to watch the weather. The sneaky media loves to tease and taunt you by only doing pieces of it until the end of the broadcast, then they show you the 7 day forecast. They know people like me will stop watching as soon as the forecast is over. Do they have us figured out or what?

I always get the most awful feeling when I watch the news. I would have to say that 95% of it is comprised of bad, horrible things. Stuff that usually makes me pretty emotional. I turn it off at the end of the night and feel like crap. So why do I keep watching? Oh yeah, the weather. Freaking weather.

Then it hit me, I can eliminate those terrible feelings by not watching the news. What an epiphany! I remembered that there is this amazing thing we have these days called the internet. There is even a little widget on the desktop of the computer with the forecast. Or, I can even check Fox's website and go straight to the weather. Amazing.

So, from this day on, I officially declare myself news free. Free of awful, nasty feelings that do not need to be felt. I am banishing it from my life and hopefully banishing all of the extra crap that does not need to be known or felt by me. Let it be known, I am free.