Thursday, April 24, 2008

Where Have I been?

I feel like I haven't had a free minute to do much of anything lately. I don't even think I can remember what it is I've done, but it's definitely something. I know it's a mix of work, appointments to get into my major at school, helping some people out, being a mom, etc. But it's good. I love to be busy. I feel like I accomplish a lot when I'm busy, even if I can't remember what it is I've done. On the other hand, it's nice to chillax and take time to read some of my favorite blogs, try and finish my book, bake something delicious, you know, things like that.

While I was chillaxing just a minute ago, I was in the middle of reading the blog of my long lost, across the country sister-in-law. Her grandpa just passed away and her post broke my heart. She wrote about some of her memories and how much she will miss him. I hope you and your family are doing well B.

I was speaking with my grandma (on my moms side) earlier today and she was filling me in on how my grandpa was doing these days. He has not been doing very well the past couple of years. He has struggled with prostate cancer which has continued to spread slowly for the last who knows how many years. It's been so long now I can't even remember. In the past two years or so he has been on a slow but incredibly painful decline. He is now on hospice and has had so many additional illnesses on top of the cancer that have wasted his body away.
We have always been so close and he has always been my number one supporter. I know his time is drawing near and after reading my sister-in-laws post, I know it will come faster than I approve of. I pray for his body to be relieved from the pain it is going through, but can't help but selfishly want him to stick around a little longer for me.

I try not to dwell on it, but the line 'time goes by so fast, cherish every moment' goes through my mind daily. I am so thankful for the time I have with the members of my family. I love them dearly and wish that time could go by half as fast. At least. There is nothing more important in this world than the ones you love.
Cherish every moment....