Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What To Be When I Grow Up

I'm pretty sure I've finally decided on what I want to do when I grow up. It's taken me ten years after graduating from high school to figure it out, but hey, what the heck. The counselor I spoke with after taking the Myers Briggs test inspired me to really go after what I love and just do it. Up until this point I've never felt completely right about choices I made for possible career paths. I started thinking about the things I really enjoy and the things that intrigue me. I started searching online and came upon the ADTA website. As I've been delving deeper into my brain and it's psychological processes, I've been more interested in the field of psychology. The only thing is that I don't want to be a psychologist. I've always been in love with dance and other types of movement such as yoga, but I don't want to go to school for strictly modern or ballet which are pretty much the only degrees offered in dance. I guess I don't want to be limited to one area, I'd like to be free to express what I want, and help others at the same time.

I discovered dance/movement therapy. I am so excited about this discovery. I don't know why I haven't thought about it before, it completely makes sense to me. I'm going to matriculate into the Integrated Studies program and study the connections between dance/movement and psychology. I think it will be amazing and I'm totally psyched about it. Do people still say psyched? Well, I do now. Bring it back people.