Friday, May 15, 2009

Kickin' Back


This is what I did today. All day. Just kidding. This is what I did after going to work, getting Adelaide down for a nap, partially mowing and trimming the front lawn, spreading nine bags of soil pep, pulling weeds, cleaning the sink, mirror, and toilet in the bathroom, and all this before I started dinner. Ahhhhh, it feels good.

I am about as pooped as can be at the moment but man, it feels good to be this productive. It's so easy for me to feel this way when the weather is nice. I don't know what it is but it's like I'm a whole new woman. I am awake, energized, motivated, and excited to get things done.

So after my chores, I sat at our table on the patio with my ipod playing some of my favorite tunes (Ryan Adams), soaking in the perfectly lovely sunshine. What I loved the most was that it was just warm enough with the cool breeze. Warm enough that I wasn't sitting there sweating through my clothes. It was just right.

It was a fabulous day.