Friday, May 22, 2009

So This Is It...

Isn't it funny how things can change in fifteen months? I wrote this last year, so happy that I got a job when I needed one so badly.

Now, here I am today, it's my last day of work.

Life has taken yet another turn so I won't be working anymore. I am taking a month off then I'm going back to school. More than one class a semester that is.

I like to ponder about life which brought me to thinking about how I got to this point and where I came from. Last February we needed the extra money, and I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go in school. So a job I got and I decided I would take a class here and there until I figured out what I wanted to do. It was a double bonus working at the school because they would pay for it.

Now I know what degree I want to persue and I have to give credit to working in the Career Services office for helping me figure it out. I took the MBTI test and had it analyzed last year. It made me realize that it is possible to combine your interests and find a career that involves more than the common careers you usually think of. Also, everyone in my office is so education driven that it becomes infectious.

Now what will happen in the next fifteen months? I have no idea. I have the goal to finish my degree and spend more time with my family which I have missed since I started working. Sometimes I wonder if Adelaide remembers she has a mommy. I need to get back in shape after my surgery, I started doing yoga again this week and man am I sore. Also, I keep hoping another baby is in our future but sometimes it seems so impossible after what we've been through. I am completely frightened to tell you the truth.

I really do love and embrace change which gets me excited to see what the future holds. Seriously. Scared...but excited.

Aything can happen you know, anything.