Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Boom!

This is beautifully written:

"Listen, the butterflies are out and about. There is no Rewind button, I can’t swallow them back up. And I don’t want to. I promise you this: the dizzying feeling of looking fear square in the eye and then spitting your truth in its face is freedom… is joy… is love. Spit up your truth, swallow your pride."

"I am profoundly changed knowing I don’t have to hold on to anything, save for my heart’s ineffable power to exist in a cascading waterfall of love. Falling in love takes nothing, but gives much. The narrative of my life used to be Unrequited. Today and forevermore, I chooseMagic. I choose Me."

-Megan Shaina Bakva
http://www.rebellesociety.com/2016/05/10/meganshainabakva-magnetic/

I discovered something amazing about myself last month. I had just gotten out of the shower and was looking in the mirror drying my face. I was thinking about what it means to actually choose your life, when it hit me. I have never, ever chosen myself. Boom! I laughed out loud so hard that I surprised myself. I could feel the joy running through my veins... I don't know that I've ever felt that much joy! Things that had confused me for so many years started to click and make sense. I have had difficulty choosing a path in life, because I never chose myself. I have had difficulty committing to a relationship, because I never chose myself. I have shied away and ran from my dreams, because I never chose myself. 

I understand now, why we must love ourselves to love another. I FINALLY understand what that means. When you choose yourself as being the person that you are, that is love. Only when you have loved and accepted yourself are you free, vulnerable and able to love another. My eyes well up with tears every time I think about that moment and I remember the joy I felt because it is still with me. So much joy and so much freedom! I get that I am perfect, whole and complete. 

Forever and always perfect, whole and complete... just the way I am.