Monday, March 31, 2008

Strength

I am truly amazed at the strength we humans possess. How many days, hours, minutes are we pushed to our limits, yet we persevere? Too many, but we keep going and grow stronger every time. It is always the moment I feel like I can't take anymore that I realize I can. I've come this far, so why not continue and see what happens? Things can only get better right? That's what I tell myself and I absolutely refuse to lie to myself anymore so it must be true.

If I could only figure out why every time I think I have it all figured out, I realize I don't. That must be the riddle of life. To figure it out to not have it figured out after all. Make sense? Of course not. What does? Out of the 1 million things I have done in my life, I think only about 5 of them have turned out the way I wanted. Those odds suck! Probably because I didn't know what I wanted until I had already made all of those choices. As I lay these thoughts out, I pray that others in this world do not go through the same things as I, or anything like it. That would mean that people are not as well put together and happy as I think they are. Then what would I have to aspire to, to have as an example?

So, when I think about these things, that's when I remember. I remember that I am strong and I can take on anything I have to. I don't believe there is anything that comes to us that we can't handle. I think the key is remembering that in the hardest of times. I imagine myself being an old woman, sitting in my comfy recliner with a constant grin on my face. That's when I will be content because I will know that I have it all figured out. I've been there done that and I'll know that the hard times are behind me. Too good to be true? Probably, but here's hoping.