Thursday, February 23, 2017

A New Thing

And I'm back!

Okay, today is a great day... such a great day. It feels amazing to take action on something that you have wanted for so long, to declare it into existence! It wasn't even hard people, not hard at all. Here's what I did:

1. I sent out a request for space, an open, body moving type of space.
2. Amazing, wonderful people responded with what they knew or had to offer.
3. I contacted a couple of these amazing people to talk about and look at said space.
4. Found a space that works with one friend and had a conversation with another friend about the possibility of creating my own space to suit specific needs with his existing space sometime in the future (so much more excitement to come!).
5. Selected day and time to use the space.
6. Created Facebook page and invited others to share the time and space with me!
7. Will begin new adventure on Monday, February 27th.


This collective is called Formless. There is no plan, expectation or choreography. There is only space to create in the moment. Everyone is welcome and there will be no judgement. Did you hear that? Judgement free zone! In the dance world, they call this improvisation, though I feel it is so much more than that. My expression and creativity flow when I turn down the lights, turn on music that suits my mood and I move my body. Sometimes it's magical and the feeling is inexplainable. It is freedom and I would harness the feeling if I could. 

In addition to the movement, I have created an open forum on the Facebook page for any thoughts or riddles of the mind. I am not sure where all of this is going, all I know is that it is exciting to me beyond measure and it comes from nothing, which means potential for anything. And with that, I will leave you with an epic quote from the one and only Ice Cube, "Today was a good day."