Friday, March 6, 2009

I am a Wuss

So, here is my confession.
Nearly two days into my cleanse and I called it quits.

People who know me, and if I know myself, know that giving up goes against every grain in my body. I finish what I start. I make a goal and I accomplish it.

Not this my peeps, not this.
I came home from work today an absolute wreck. I am moody, tired, hungry and most of all miserable. I decided that for the sake of my health (minus the gallbladder) and my family's sanity that I needed to call it quits.

I consulted a few close family members and myself and felt that it was in my best interest to discontinue the cleanse and eat some protein.

I ate a nice Philly steak sandwich for dinner and it felt fabulous until...
about a half hour later my stomach began to ache and hurt as it did before. Man this is getting old.

I suppose by making this decision I accept the fact that surgery is in my future. But, I think it will be ok. It has to be right?