Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Day Has Come

This is what I will be having done tomorrow morning. It doesn't look pretty does it? I am within 13 hours of being one organ less and I am not thrilled in the least.

Well what do I say? I am praying and hoping for the best surgery possible. I am also praying that the surgeon will do a fabulous and proper job. I am then praying for a quick and painless recovery. Now I know painless isn't really possible so maybe I'll pray for the smallest amount of pain possible. Yes, that will work.

They say that this is the most routine surgery and I know my surgeon has had LOTS of practice, so that's nice. But on the other hand, he hasn't had a lot of practice on me and everyone's body is different. At least they're mostly the same.

Then I keep wondering, what does my body do after the gallbladder is gone? How does it compensate and prove functional without one? I'm sure it will figure it out, but still I wonder. I know many who have had this surgery and they turn out just fine.

I must also say goodbye to yummy foods like fish and chips, deep fried mushrooms and zucchini fries from the Mad Greek. Do you know if you eat fatty, greasy foods after your gallbladder is removed you will get the runs? So what do I choose? The runs or missing out on some of my favorites, think think think. I do not choose the runs. The nice thing is that I don't eat that kind of food very often so it shouldn't be too hard to say goodbye.

So this is it. My formal goodbye to my gallbladder. You have been great for 28 short years but you are causing me too much pain for us to be together any more. I must let you go and learn to live without you. This will not be easy but it will be worth it (I hope). I am tired of the stomach aches and pain that encompasses my mid-section after we rendezvous. I have loved our relationship up until the last few months but now you must leave me.

I must say goodbye now, goodbye.