Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Memories

What a fantastic weekend!

Saturday we hiked the Y. We as in Adelaide and I. Reggie could say he walked a little but I carried him up 3/4 of the way piggyback style. Needless to say my shoulders have been sore ever since but it was a perfect morning!

Saturday night and Sunday we were able to hang out with the uncles! My dad was ordained a high priest in the LDS church by his brother Gene. This meant that he, Newel and Robert came to congratulate him and swear him into the old mans club!

I really wanted to celebrate Memorial Day for what it is this year. We drove to Ogden with my Mom, Davis and Jake. We went to Leavitt Cemetery where my dad's sister Kathy is buried.

Then to Ben Lomond Cemetery in North Ogden where my grandpa Liechty is buried. He served in the Korean war. Thank you grandpa, you are my sunshine!

My great grandma and grandpa Loh are buried there as well. I remember them very well and miss them dearly. I don't think grandpa was dressed in anything but coveralls and my grandma in a mu mu and leg warmers... priceless!

When uncle Jake is around there will always be a dog-pile!

We had to stop at the old Farr's on 21st street for delish ice cream!! 
Jake needs a freaking haircut! That's 14 for ya.

Last but not least, Reggie kicked the crap out of grandma :)

Don't mess with me man...

Such a great weekend!