Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yes, I Said Therapy

Today, ladies and gentlemen, was my first ever therapy appointment. As I was leaving the office I asked myself one question:

Why didn't I go sooner?!

I think this is going to be one of the most fabulous experiences I will ever have.
Here are the reasons:

* I think I've found a fabulous doctor. I already feel like I can spill my guts with ease.
* It felt good being able to tell my story, share my feelings, with no bias whatsoever.
* Dr Edgington is his name, and he seemed truly eager and anxious to help me out.
* From what he knew as of today, he had insight and thoughts that were helpful to me.

Maybe I will stay in therapy the rest of my life. I feel like there can be nothing better than trying to help and improve oneself. I have a friend who was in therapy for 12 years and is one of the most down to earth, insightful, intelligent people I know.
Maybe that can be me!

No more stewing and crazy thoughts in my head trying to figure things out on my own. I am so excited!